This week's plan is as follows:
- 45 minute swim working on base endurance and staying relaxed. Long reps over race distance at easy pace.
- 50 minute fartlek run. Start easy. Alternate between tempo and steady pace every 60 seconds. Easy cool down.
- Strength and core
- Steady 14 mile/60 min ride to/from work. Include technique work: smooth pedaling, high cadence
- tempo/sprint swim: Mix of 300-400 of tempo 100m reps and 100-200m of max 25m reps with 50% recovery-to-exercise ratio. Wear tri suit.
- strength and core
- 8 mile easy paced run. Trails? (Love the extra cycling and bricks, but I sure miss my LSD runs)
- Bike/run brick, 50 mins. 40 mins building intensity every 10mins from recovery to tempo pace. 10 minutes run off bike- begin first 5mins at target race pace and finish last 5mins at easy pace.