Saturday, January 28, 2012

Join My Mutual Weirdness Love Fest


by Anonymous Guest blogger

I was running the other day and had one random musing after another.  Mind you, they weren't profound, serious, spiritual thoughts.  Rather, they were silly, odd, embarrassing things that pinballed around in my ADD running brain.  I will forewarn you, some of these are TMI or too socially taboo to share in mixed company.  In fact, some of my regular running buddies would never look at me the same if they knew this crazy shit.  To protect myself and family's privacy, I asked Trail Smitten Mom not to reveal my identity.

I couldn't just keep these thoughts to myself.  As a public service, I felt compelled to put them out in the blogosphere.  As the wise, Dr. Seuss said, “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” I am sure I am not alone in my weirdness.  I welcome personal stories or perhaps even validation that you too, dear readers have had similar thoughts or experiences.

Without further ado, I present my random, most intimate string of thoughts:
  • Is it just me or do other people get sick to their stomachs when they put on their sports bra for afternoon runs? 
    • Is it just me or do other people brush their teeth before early morning workouts only when they're meeting friends?
    • Is it just me, or do other people have the secret desire to pass anyone who has a larger ass then they?
    • Is it just me or have other people gone to a track workout with the intention of burning rubber and instead ended up with skid marks in their tights? 
    • Is it just me or have other people gotten a hemorrhoid after taking shit in the woods on a trail run?
      • Is it just me or do other people sneak peeks and admire the bodies of those who are physically fit? If you get caught, tell them your stud muffin partner's birthday is coming up and ask them where they got their swim suit, bike shorts or running tights so you know where to shop for your honey.
        • Is it just me or have other women checked their "Period Tracker" app before registering for a race?
        • Is it just me or do other people have the inability to say/hear fartlek without cracking a smile?
          •  Is it just me or have other people taken advantage of construction site portapotty? 
            • Is it just me or do other people think that ice baths are the perfect mixture of pleasure and pain?
            • Is it just me or have other people squeezed Gu on top of a bowl of ice cream when they were out of chocolate syrup? 

                So lovelies, this is your chance to share your mutual weirdness. Let's fill up the comments with additional "Is it just me or..." statements.  C'mon, don't leave me hanging.  Let's share some mutual weirdness, and call it love!

                No comments:

                Post a Comment